In the News
- ID Flagler Village Townhomes, Near Fort Lauderdale’s Brightline Station is Complete
- Miller Fast-tracking 325,702 SF Bldg 2 At Countyline Corporate Park, After Delivering Bldg 1
- Esperanté Corporate Center $3.8 Million Atrium Renovation Complete
- Fast-Tracking Lincoln Eatery Food Hall in Emerging NoLi District
- Miller Completes $6.1 Million in Projects For City Furniture in Midtown Miami & Tamarac
- Miller Building Crescent Pointe Mixed-Use Center for The Graham Companies
- Miller Launches $20 Million Expansion of Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall Dealerships
- MCC Completes Terranova’s 801 Lincoln Road Retail Complex
- Miller Construction Builds Holman Automotive’s Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Completes Holman Automotive's BMW of Fort Lauderdale
- MCC Completes New South Florida Campus Building for University
- Miller Completes Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- EliteHealth Medical Practice Facility
- Miller Fast-Tracking Flagler Global Logistics' CCP Bldg 1
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Miller Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical Campus
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- MillerCompletes Next-Generation Warehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf & Racquet Clubs Reno Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Miller Launches $20 Million Expansion of Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall Dealerships
MIAMI – Miller Construction Company is underway with a multi-phase renovation and expansion of Kendall Toyota and the adjacent Lexus of Kendall dealership for owner Kendall Imports LLC.
As construction manager for the project at 10943 South Dixie Highway, Miller will ensure the dealerships are fully operational throughout the complex, 14-month process, according to Miller Construction Company Senior Vice President Brian Sudduth.
The 265,065-square-foot Kendall Toyota, one of the largest Toyota dealerships in the Southeastern U.S., will have a full exterior and interior upgrade of its showroom and service area, plus expansion of a parking garage for new cars, Sudduth said. Miller’s crews will also renovate the exterior of Lexus of Kendall’s service area. Completion of the entire project is scheduled for 2019.
Designed by architect Wolfberg Alvarez & Partners of Miami, the renovation and expansion draws on Miller Construction Company’s extensive background in building and revitalizing dealerships to incorporate automobile companies’ latest corporate brand standards. “The branded design look and customer amenities of today’s dealerships have become an essential element in companies’ marketing and customer relations,” Sudduth explained.
In transforming the two dealerships to conform to current Toyota and Lexus building standards, Miller’s team will perform five phases of exterior and interior work, staying as “invisible” as possible to minimize any inconvenience to the businesses’ customers and staff. In addition to installing a new chiller plant, mechanical, plumbing and engineering systems and advanced, highly durable waterproofing, crews will update the Toyota dealership with a segmented radius glass curtain wall exterior. Tile, polished concrete and millwork are among the materials that will establish the brands’ distinctive interior designs.
“Miller’s specialized ability to handle the automobile industry’s unique requirements, and their track record for delivering exceptional showroom and service facilities made them our clear choice,” said Orlando Sharpe of Sharpe Project Developments, the owner’s representative. “As construction manager, they’ve brought us cost-effective insights and a passion for quality craftsmanship from the earliest preconstruction phase.”
The Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall project is the latest in Miller Construction Company’s extensive automotive-sector portfolio. The firm has delivered upscale showrooms and service facilities for brands including Aston Martin, BMW, Audi, MINI and Mercedes Benz.