In the News
- ID Flagler Village Townhomes, Near Fort Lauderdale’s Brightline Station is Complete
- Miller Fast-tracking 325,702 SF Bldg 2 At Countyline Corporate Park, After Delivering Bldg 1
- Esperanté Corporate Center $3.8 Million Atrium Renovation Complete
- Fast-Tracking Lincoln Eatery Food Hall in Emerging NoLi District
- Miller Completes $6.1 Million in Projects For City Furniture in Midtown Miami & Tamarac
- Miller Building Crescent Pointe Mixed-Use Center for The Graham Companies
- Miller Launches $20 Million Expansion of Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall Dealerships
- MCC Completes Terranova’s 801 Lincoln Road Retail Complex
- Miller Construction Builds Holman Automotive’s Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Completes Holman Automotive's BMW of Fort Lauderdale
- MCC Completes New South Florida Campus Building for University
- Miller Completes Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- EliteHealth Medical Practice Facility
- Miller Fast-Tracking Flagler Global Logistics' CCP Bldg 1
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Miller Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical Campus
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- MillerCompletes Next-Generation Warehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf & Racquet Clubs Reno Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
MCC Completes Terranova’s 801 Lincoln Road Retail Complex
MIAMI BEACH, FL. –Miller Construction Company is pleased to announce the $15 million transformation of 801 Lincoln Road – a highly visible retail and dining destination in the heart the new NOLI district (North of Lincoln Road) - for Terranova.
Designed by Shulman + Associates with Wolfberg Alvarez & Partners as architect of record, the project marries a historic, streamline-modern style building to a new 27,000 sf cast-in-place concrete structure. The dramatic, three-dimensional glass curtain wall demanded the construction team’s precise coordination, advanced technology and exacting craftsmanship.
In addition to the new construction, Miller’s team completed renovations of the existing building while five separate tenants continued to operate their seven day-a-week businesses. Modifying the portion of the Deco-style building that fronts Lincoln Road involved re-routing the tenant power, water, and sewer connections, while ensuring tenant operations would continue smoothly, and then connecting and expanding those utility connections back into the new building at completion.
“Terranova’s vision for an exceptional design statement really brings new energy to the retail streetscape,” said Miller Senior Vice President Brian Sudduth. “We’re pleased to have helped them create a South Beach landmark.”
To ensure seamless coordination of the concrete structure with the complex glass exterior, Miller’s crews used Revit Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology, which enabled them to go beyond two-dimensional shop drawings. “Revit was crucial as we established axis points, rotation of steel members and angle for a single point,” Sudduth said.
In addition to keeping operations smooth for tenants in the original portion of the building, Miller focused on logistics, traffic and pedestrian safety on the site. Scheduling and staging were also vital, since there was virtually no room for materials storage on the property.
According to Josh Gelfman, Terranova’s Director of Development, “Miller’s team consistently went above and beyond to ensure that every aspect of the project was handled in a manner that best represented the owner’s interests. They have been a fantastic partner for this very challenging project which essentially demanded that we continue to fly the plane by keeping current tenants in place while they build all around them.”
The sleek, modern building is home to a just-opened, two-story Anthropologie store, and the top-floor space is designed for a restaurant with interior and open-air dining that will offer panoramic ocean views. 801 Lincoln Road is the latest retail project for Miller, which has provided new construction and major renovation services for regional and national retailers, from Miami-Dade through Martin counties.