In the News
- Miller Completes Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- EliteHealth Medical Practice Facility
- Miller Fast-Tracking Flagler Global Logistics' CCP Bldg 1
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Miller Building ID Flagler Village Townhomes
- Construction Underway with Major Renovation for Fort Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Lane Hacker Joins Miller Construction Company as Controller
- Miller Building BMW East Showroom for Holman Automotive
- The Graham Companies Chooses Miller to Build New Education Facility
- Miller Construction Company Adds Three Executives
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Elite Healthcare Construction is Underway in Pembroke Pines
- Miller Construction Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical & Professional Campus
- Herbert Fung Joins Miller Construction Company as Project Manager
- Lake Whitney Medical and Professional Campus in St. Lucie
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction Company Completes Fort Lauderdale BMW/MINI Service Center
- Construction Association of South Florida Names Jeff Slade to Its Executive Board
- Project Manager, Justin Thorpe Joins Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- William Mason Joins Miller Construction Company’s Special Projects Group
- Ankit Patel Joins Miller Construction Company as Senior Preconstruction Manager
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- Miller Construction Company Completes Next-Generation Wharehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Miller Construction Company Will Build $22 Million Surfside Residence Inn by Marriott
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- MCC Awarded Flagler Development’s Building 31 Warehouse at Flagler Station
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf Club & Racquet Club Renovations Complete
- Fisher Island Club Spa & Fitness Center
- Two Local Construction Firms Will Complete Broward Center Project
- Renovation of Holman Automotive's Audi Pembroke Pines Dealership Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
- Going Green: LEED-HC Construction Standards Boost Hospitals’ Sustainability Efforts
- Miami International University's Professional Caliber Sound Studio
- Holy Cross Hospital Hurricane Hardening Project
- Best Practices Reduce Risks During Hospital Construction and Maintenance
- The Fast-Track Dos Caminos Restaurant Build-Out
- Kimberly Riehn, CPA, Joins Miller Construction Company As Controller
Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
HIALEAH, FL Delivering Miami-Dade County’s largest new industrial project on a fast-track schedule, Miller Construction Company has completed the 602,657-square-foot second phase of Centergate at Gratigny business park in Hialeah.
The massive project demanded quick, creative solutions -- from accessing utilities, to tilting up 28,000 yards of concrete in just three months. Miller Construction Company drew on its experience building more than 5 million square feet of industrial space to deliver the $25 million project on schedule and on budget, despite extreme timing challenges, according to Miller Sr. Vice President Brian Sudduth.
Developed by multi-city development firm Foundry Commercial for an institutional client, the twin-building, Class A complex in the Airport North submarket targets users seeking at least 100,000 square feet of contiguous industrial space.
A significant challenge for the design and construction team was getting utilities to the +30 acre site. Taking an unconventional approach after careful cost analysis, they succeeded in saving the owner time and money by building a private lift station instead of tying into the existing sewer lines. The team also worked closely with the Public Works Department to quickly solve flow issues from the City’s water main serving the site.
Innovative scheduling proved essential to speed the tilt-wall concrete process for both quarter-mile-long buildings. Miller’s crews placed concrete six days a week – including 75 night pours. “Tilting both buildings at the same time made sense to save labor costs, so it was as though the two buildings raced each other to the end, with a 330-ton Crawler crane switching buildings each morning,” explained Sudduth. That tactic enabled the team to begin roofing at one end of the massive buildings while still pouring concrete at the other end.
“Miller’s team knows how to tackle tough challenges, perform and deliver,” said Ford Gibson, Foundry Commercial’s South Florida managing director, development and investments. “Their decades-long track record handling Class A industrial projects for top-tier clients made them the clear choice.” This was Miller Construction Company’s 6th South Florida project for veteran developer Gibson, who has partnered with the design/build and construction services company on award-winning mixed-use, office, retail and industrial complexes.
Designed by RLC Architects of Boca Raton, the twin, 301,000-square-foot structures in Centergate at Gratigny’s new phase provide 32-foot clear height and 54-foot column spacing for efficient racking, and a 185-foot truck court plus 60-foot speed bay. Fairchild Partners is handling leasing of the development, which includes corporate-caliber office space, security-controlled access for all bays and fully air-conditioned mezzanine.
Launched to meet eastern Miami-Dade County’s demand for upscale, next-generation industrial space, Centergate at Gratigny’s latest phase is adjacent to the CSX rail line and strategically positioned at the southeast intersection of the Gratigny Parkway (SR924) and LeJeune Road (NW 42nd Avenue), offering direct access to business, commercial and residential destinations.