In the News
- ID Flagler Village Townhomes, Near Fort Lauderdale’s Brightline Station is Complete
- Miller Fast-tracking 325,702 SF Bldg 2 At Countyline Corporate Park, After Delivering Bldg 1
- Esperanté Corporate Center $3.8 Million Atrium Renovation Complete
- Fast-Tracking Lincoln Eatery Food Hall in Emerging NoLi District
- Miller Completes $6.1 Million in Projects For City Furniture in Midtown Miami & Tamarac
- Miller Building Crescent Pointe Mixed-Use Center for The Graham Companies
- Miller Launches $20 Million Expansion of Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall Dealerships
- MCC Completes Terranova’s 801 Lincoln Road Retail Complex
- Miller Construction Builds Holman Automotive’s Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Completes Holman Automotive's BMW of Fort Lauderdale
- MCC Completes New South Florida Campus Building for University
- Miller Completes Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- EliteHealth Medical Practice Facility
- Miller Fast-Tracking Flagler Global Logistics' CCP Bldg 1
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Miller Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical Campus
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- MillerCompletes Next-Generation Warehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf & Racquet Clubs Reno Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Craftsmanship is front and center at One Door East, the new global tapas restaurant with a contemporary interior recently completed by Miller Construction Company, at 620 S. Federal Highway, just south of Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
For chef-owner Giovanni Rocchio, the general contractor’s Special Projects Group transformed a former auto repair facility into the stylish 4,300-square-foot tapas restaurant, where ample use of reclaimed wood brings the interior’s sleek metal and tile finishes a warm, rustic feel.
One Door East adjoins Rocchio’s popular, upscale Valentino’s Cucina Italiana fine dining restaurant, which remained open throughout construction of the One Door East space. “Our crews stayed as ‘invisible’ as possible, installing a temporary barrier to avoid impacting Valentino’s operations,” said Ernesto Escobar, Miller director of special projects.
Since both restaurants would be under one roof, adding a full fire sprinkler system was required. That meant ensuring pipes were concealed and closely coordinating work in the Valentino’s space, based on the restaurant’s schedule.
Just as One Door East’s creative small- and large-plate menu offerings and innovative cocktails are drawing culinary praise, the restaurant’s striking interior is winning attention. Earlier this month, a craftsman on Miller’s project team, Kevin Guilotte of Cayman National Manufacturing & Installation, Inc., received the Construction Association of South Florida’s 2016 Craftsmanship Award in the Architectural Woodwork category. Architectural Alliance of Fort Lauderdale designed the restaurant, and engineer was Yahya Consultants, Inc. of Coral Springs.
Miller Construction Company’s Special Projects Group focuses on South Florida projects valued at under $2 million in the commercial, retail, automotive, hospitality and healthcare sectors. Founded in 1973, Miller Construction Company is a prominent South Florida design/builder and construction services firm serving industrial, retail, commercial, healthcare, hospitality, educational and multi-family markets.