In the News
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Construction Underway with Major Renovation for Fort Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Lane Hacker Joins Miller Construction Company as Controller
- Miller Building BMW East Showroom for Holman Automotive
- The Graham Companies Chooses Miller to Build New Education Facility
- Miller Construction Company Adds Three Executives
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Elite Healthcare Construction is Underway in Pembroke Pines
- Miller Construction Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical & Professional Campus
- Herbert Fung Joins Miller Construction Company as Project Manager
- Lake Whitney Medical and Professional Campus in St. Lucie
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction Company Completes Fort Lauderdale BMW/MINI Service Center
- Construction Association of South Florida Names Jeff Slade to Its Executive Board
- Project Manager, Justin Thorpe Joins Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- William Mason Joins Miller Construction Company’s Special Projects Group
- Ankit Patel Joins Miller Construction Company as Senior Preconstruction Manager
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- Miller Construction Company Completes Next-Generation Wharehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Miller Construction Company Will Build $22 Million Surfside Residence Inn by Marriott
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- MCC Awarded Flagler Development’s Building 31 Warehouse at Flagler Station
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf Club & Racquet Club Renovations Complete
- Fisher Island Club Spa & Fitness Center
- Two Local Construction Firms Will Complete Broward Center Project
- Renovation of Holman Automotive's Audi Pembroke Pines Dealership Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
- Going Green: LEED-HC Construction Standards Boost Hospitals’ Sustainability Efforts
- Miami International University's Professional Caliber Sound Studio
- Holy Cross Hospital Hurricane Hardening Project
- Best Practices Reduce Risks During Hospital Construction and Maintenance
- The Fast-Track Dos Caminos Restaurant Build-Out
- Kimberly Riehn, CPA, Joins Miller Construction Company As Controller
Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Miller Construction Company CEO Thomas J. Miller and the company’s President Harley W. Miller are the University of Florida’s 2014 Construction Hall of Fame honorees.
In an October 18 ceremony at the Gainesville campus, the University’s M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management inducted the two longtime construction industry and community leaders into its Construction Hall of Fame. The honor recognizes distinguished leaders who have earned the esteem of their peers, contributed to the construction of quality buildings and made a difference in their profession and communities.
The Miller brothers established Miller Construction Company in 1973, determined to create a firm that would thrive by building non-adversarial, trusting relationships with clients. “We believed that sticking to a simple gauge would grow our business – making every decision in the client’s best interest,” Tom Miller said. The company’s growth and staying power proved their strategy was sound. While constructing more than 400 projects, the design/build and construction services firm has built a roster of long-term, repeat clients.
The Millers have helped shape South Florida’s skyline and the region’s construction profession for four decades, and their community leadership has been wide-ranging. Both are alumni of the M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management. Each has served as president of the Construction Association of South Florida.
Active in the region’s business community, Tom Miller has chaired the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and The Broward Workshop, held a seat on the Advisory Council for the University of Florida School of Construction Management, and served on the Board of Trustees for the Broward College Foundation. He has also served on the boards of numerous charitable organizations such as the United Way of Broward County, the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art, the Museum of Discovery and Science and The Honda Classic Foundation as well as chairing the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County and co-founding The Generals, a program within the Boys & Girls Clubs to educate club members about careers in the construction industry.
Harley Miller is an Advisory Board member and past president of the South Florida Chapter of NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association. In addition to founding two annual golf tournaments that benefit South Florida charities, he is past president of The Lighthouse of Broward County and serves as a board member for Junior Achievement of Broward County. He also gives his support to the United Way, Children’s Aid Club, Children’s Harbor, and Habitat for Humanity. In 2005, he received the University of Florida’s Distinguished Alumnus Award.
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Miller Construction Company serves the commercial, hospitality, industrial, educational, retail, multi-family and healthcare markets. For information: www.millerconstruction.com.