In the News
- ID Flagler Village Townhomes, Near Fort Lauderdale’s Brightline Station is Complete
- Miller Fast-tracking 325,702 SF Bldg 2 At Countyline Corporate Park, After Delivering Bldg 1
- Esperanté Corporate Center $3.8 Million Atrium Renovation Complete
- Fast-Tracking Lincoln Eatery Food Hall in Emerging NoLi District
- Miller Completes $6.1 Million in Projects For City Furniture in Midtown Miami & Tamarac
- Miller Building Crescent Pointe Mixed-Use Center for The Graham Companies
- Miller Launches $20 Million Expansion of Kendall Toyota/Lexus of Kendall Dealerships
- MCC Completes Terranova’s 801 Lincoln Road Retail Complex
- Miller Construction Builds Holman Automotive’s Lauderdale MINI Dealership
- Miller Completes Holman Automotive's BMW of Fort Lauderdale
- MCC Completes New South Florida Campus Building for University
- Miller Completes Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- EliteHealth Medical Practice Facility
- Miller Fast-Tracking Flagler Global Logistics' CCP Bldg 1
- Miller Delivers Miami-Dade County’s Largest Industrial Project
- Miller Converts Industrial Space to Trendy Tapas Restaurant
- MCC Project Wins CASF Project of the Year
- Sudduth Named to UF School of Construction Management’s Advisory Council Executive Committee
- GuideWell-Sanitas Primary-Care Clinic Complete
- 602,657 SF Centergate at Gratigny
- Terranova Chooses Miller for Landmark Retail Project in South Beach
- Liberty Property Trust’s Metrorail Train Assembly Facility Complete
- Miller Completes Third Phase At Lake Whitney Medical Campus
- City Furniture Chooses Miller Construction Company
- Miller Construction Company Building $20.8 Million Sereno at Bay Harbor Islands
- Miller Construction's Special Projects Group Seeing Rapid Growth
- Miller Construction Launches Major Renovation for Cosmo International Fragrances
- MillerCompletes Next-Generation Warehouse
- Traci Miller Elected President of NAIOP South Florida
- Miller Construction Company Launches Special Projects Group
- Thomas & Harley Miller Are Inducted Into Construction Hall of Fame
- Building Mixed-Use Gateway Center Doral
- Holman Automotive Builds New Lauderdale BMW / Mini Service Center
- Flagler Development Taps Miller Construction Company For 252,000sf Project
- MCC Building 218,000 SF Transal Logistics Center in Doral
- Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center at Broward Center for the Performing Arts Gets Topped Off!
- Miller Construction Company Completes Flagler Development’s Latest South Forida Industrial /Warehouse
- Topping Off of Waterfront Huizenga Pavilion Marks Milestone
- Curtain Rising on Broward Center's Future
- New Ashley Furniture HomeStore in West Palm Beach
- Fisher Island Golf & Racquet Clubs Reno Complete
- MCC Fast-Tracks New Amenities at Rybovich Superyacht Marina
- Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Miller Construction Company Building Green Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Oakland Park, FL – Meeting tough national standards for durable, “green” construction, Miller Construction Company is building a 25,000-square-foot Ashley Furniture HomeStore at 3775 N. Federal Highway, Oakland Park.
The latest addition to the Fort Lauderdale area’s Furniture Row, the store is scheduled to open in early 2013, according to Miller Construction Company President Harley W. Miller. “The store’s upscale finishes, lighting and displays will catch consumers’ attention, but they’re less likely to notice the high-performing features of the building itself,” he said.
For owner City Furniture, which is Ashley Furniture HomeStores’ South Florida licensee, Miller Construction is building the new store to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Miller said the firm’s expert LEED construction team is focused on maximizing the store’s environmentally friendly potential – from conserving energy and water, to incorporating regionally-sourced materials and recycling 75 percent of construction waste.
The store is also being built to satisfy stringent loss prevention engineering standards of global property insurance giant FM Global, which go well beyond code requirements. Miller Construction Company brings experience in meeting FM Global’s structural standards, which work to protect assets and minimize the potential for losses.
“From our people and products to the stores themselves, taking extra care to build real and enduring value is in our company’s DNA,” said City Furniture President Keith Koenig. “Miller’s team takes the same approach, with the expertise to build in lasting value. We expect to realize ongoing savings through efficient energy and water use and lower insurance costs.” This is the 13th retail facility Miller has built or renovated for the furniture retailer throughout southeast and southwest Florida.
The new Ashley Furniture HomeStore at the corner of North Federal Highway and N.E. 38th Street is one of five stores City Furniture is adding throughout the Tri-County area. All are being built to achieve LEED certification, and will include “green” features such as expanses of low-emitting glass, super-high-efficiency air conditioning system and reflective roof coating. More than 90 percent of the Oakland Park store’s hundreds of light bulbs will be energy-conserving LED bulbs, and the all-concrete parking lot will absorb less heat than a conventional asphalt lot.
Inside the store, upscale – but energy friendly – features include a stone tower with a water-wall and an architectural trellis.